Robert L. Monroe, J.D., LL.M., is Vice President and General Counsel of Advis. Rob is focused on healthcare provider regulatory reimbursement matters and facility development. He counsels providers with respect to:
- Medicare and Medicaid conditions of participation and payment
- Coding and claims requirements
- Organizational structuring
Rob has performed multiple onsite provider audits; he develops policies, procedures, patient notices and other compliance materials for providers; and he advises institutional clients on a wide range of federal and state regulatory issues.
His involvement in the development of healthcare facilities has included the preparation of the certificate of need applications in multiple states to include:
- Providing expert testimony at CON hearings
- Conducting change of ownership
- Merger and acquisition transactions affecting Medicare certification classification/status changes for hospital providers
- Preparing providers for Medicare certification and Joint Commission surveys
Rob has provided regulatory consultation and development services to all types of hospital providers, including:
- Acute Care
- Long-term care
- Ambulatory surgical centers
- Independent diagnostic testing facilities
- Group practices
- Freestanding emergency departments
Rob has frequently represented providers seeking initial and revised Joint Commission deemed status accreditation awards. He has determined the feasibility of and developed multiple provider-based facilities, including joint venture hospital-based models.
Prior to joining Advis, Mr. Monroe served on:
- The editorial board of the Journal of Health and Hospital Law
- The board of a long-term care hospital
- The stewardship committee of a nonprofit multi-state skilled nursing and assisted living facility chain
To read further about Rob’s extensive experience, click the following link; Robert-Monroe-Bio.