A post-acute care prospective payment system is on the horizon for 2021 and now is the time for providers to evaluate their care continuum and review all of the post-acute care options. The current acute care reimbursement structure doesn’t always align with the more acutely ill patient populations of 2018. The solution may be in developing a Long Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH).
What You’ll Learn:
- What is a Long Term Acute Care Hospital?
- Benefits of a Long Term Acute Care Hospital.
- What’s been holding them back?
- Questions to ask before considering an LTACH.
- Freestanding or Hospital within a Hospital?
- How are they reimbursed?
- 25% Threshold Rule explained.