The Medicare Accelerated and Advance Payment program is a temporary extension of the current CMS program. The program provides prospective Medicare funds when there is a disruption in claims submission and/or claims processing, including national emergencies, such as COVID-19.
Eligibility: All Medicare providers, including hospitals, physicians, DME suppliers, and other Medicare Part A and Part B suppliers, must meet the following qualifications:
• Billed Medicare claims within 180 days immediately prior to the
• Not be in bankruptcy;
• Not be under active medical review or program integrity
• Not have any outstanding delinquent Medicare overpayments.
Amount of Advance:
• Inpatient acute care hospitals, children’s hospitals, and certain cancer hospitals – up to 100% of the Medicare payment amount for a 6-month period (critical access hospitals – up to 125%);
• Other providers/suppliers up to 100% of the Medicare payment
amount for a 3-month period.
Applicants will receive advance payment within 7 calendar days of the request. Recoupment will begin 120 days after receipt of payment and will offset against newly submitted claims. balances, inpatient acute care hospitals, children’s hospitals, certain cancer hospitals, and Critical Access Hospitals have up to 1 year from the date of payment to repay the balance. All other Part A providers and Part B suppliers have 210 days from the date of payment
to repay the balance.